Sunday, April 22, 2012

Faux Stained Glass Window Treatments

 This faux stained glass look is tracing paper that I painted a simple design on.  All of the supplies were things I already had laying around the house.  I cut the tracing paper to the size of the window, came up with the simple design, and painted it on with some paints I had laying around.  It is attached to the window with double-sided tape.

It keeps the room nice and bright while remaining private.  My street is centrally located in New Orleans and well lit in the evenings.  The street lights give the windows a gorgeous glow at night.



Here is a day time view below.  A neighbor already commissioned some for his windows and I was able to trade the window treatments for lawn care.  This was a great project, completed in one evening and cost me nothing to make.  It also made the room seem much bigger as there were bulky blinds up when I moved in.



1 comment: