Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Chair

 An artist friend of mine gave me a number of things from his basement for me to re-finish, re-purpose, etc.  This chair was one of them.  Kind of a sea-foam green, but chipping paint and not the right color for my house.




As you can see in the picture directly below, I removed the slats, sanded everything down and got all the chipping paint either removed or mostly removed.  I made sure it was nice and clean, and painted everything white.


Here is the chair reassembled and painted.  I screwed the slats back on with wood screws.  In trying to stabilize one of the supports for the wooden slats, I stripped one of the screws and could not get it further in nor take it out.  It turned out to be a very happy accident, though, as I was able to attach a feather-flower I had, and now it is Maya's new favorite cat toy.

There is jute rope glued to two of the bottom leg supports, that adds some earthy texture.  As you can see in the last picture, I use this chair as a plant stand.  The terra cotta pot on the chair was another quick project.  I spray painted a terra cotta pot with chalkboard spray paint I had left over from a project, and now leave myself little messages. I often chalk a bit of inspirational philosophy (often gained in yoga class, thanks to my wise and wonderful yogi).  Currently chalked on the pot is a countdown to an upcoming Florida vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment